A popular one from Paul’s Ask an Expert column

The Age

My father was a policeman and when he retired he received a pension from the state government for the rest of his life.

I’m going to retire at the end of this year, but unlike my father, I have a large pool of superannuation savings that I need to ensure never runs out in my lifetime. I find this quite terrifying. Is there any way I can convert my super into something like my father had?

The Age subscribers can read it here

SMH subscribers here

Brisbane Times subscribers here